Ramona Band San Diego Tour 2020 Information
Trip Date: April 3,4, 2020
We will be traveling with World Strides Heritage Performance again this year. Their website is https://worldstrides.com/collections/heritage-festivals/ if you would like more information.
Cost for one person (student or chaperone) is $450. The cost of the trip covers:
- Hotel room for one night
- Admission to the Music Making Museum in Carlsbad
- Belmont Park admission and unlimited rides
- Saturday breakfast at hotel
- Festival entry fees
- Saturday lunch at festival
- Sea World admission ticket
- Saturday dinner at Sea World
- Private charter bus for two days
This does NOT cover:
- Lunch on Friday
- Dinner on Friday
- Souvenirs/extra purchases
All trip donations need to be submitted in an envelope with your student’s name on it to the inbox on Mr. McDonald's door OR pay with the PayPal link above. All checks are payable to “LVBBA.”
Just to clarify, all payments for the trip are called “donations” due to district rules and regulations. No student will be denied participation in the trip if they cannot pay but if no one pays, we will not be able to go. If you need financial assistance, please let me know as soon as you can so we can plan.
As of right now, the only fundraiser for the San Diego trip will be the Christmas Tree fundraiser. Any profits that trip participants earn will be credited towards the cost of the trip.
I strongly suggest checking out crowdfunding websites like https://www.gofundme.com/ to raise money for your students trip. It is a great way to solicit donations from family and friends that do not live locally (send emails, share on Facebook, etc.). I have heard of many schools doing this for trips and it has worked well. We don’t have a Ramona Band gofundme.com page set up so you would need to set it up individually for your student but I strongly suggest trying it! Let me know if you have any success!
We will need at least six adult chaperones for the trip. If you are interested in being a chaperone for the San Diego trip, please email me directly. This is a really fun field trip and the kids are great- I promise you will have fun! Cost for chaperones is the same as students ($450).
Timeline and Itinerary
Thursday, October 10th: Interest form and $50 deposit donation due. Click HERE to fill out the trip interest form. Submit your deposit donation to Mr. McDonald via check (payable to LVBBA), cash, or by clicking on the PayPal link above.
Friday, December 13th: $100 donation due
Monday, February 3rd: Final trip donation due
Friday, April 3rd, 2020
- 8:00am – depart Ramona Middle School
- 11:30am – arrive at the Music Making Museum in Carlsbad
- 1:00pm – lunch at the Carlsbad Premium Outlets
- 2:00pm – drive to Belmont Park
- 2:30pm – 7:30pm – amusement rides and dinner at Belmont Park
- 7:30pm – depart for hotel
- 8:00pm – arrive at hotel (to be named) for swimming and lights out
Saturday, April 4th, 2020
- 6:30am – breakfast at hotel
- 7:00am – depart for heritage Music Festival (location TBA)
- 8:00am – 11:00am – performance at Heritage Music Festival
- 11:00am – Quizno's lunch delivered to performance venue
- 11:30am – depart for Sea World
- 12:00pm – 7:00pm – attractions and rides at Sea World
- 7:00pm – 9:15pm – dinner, awards ceremony, and dance for Heritage Music Festival (at Sea World)
If you already filled out the interest form and made your $50 deposit donation, please register online with World Strides by doing the following:
- Go to: worldstrides.com/register
- Enter the trip ID: 177128
- Enter all the requested information
- Read the Terms and Conditions
- Submit the completed form