Are you ready to sell some Christmas trees!?! This fundraiser has been amazingly successful for Ramona Band in past years and has the potential to raise even more funds this year. Wind Ensemble students can raise money for their San Diego trip and Symphonic Band, Prep Band, and 6th Grade Band students will be raising money to buy new instruments, repair old instruments, hire instrument coaches, and go on fun field trips.
The trees, wreaths, swag, and garland are all grown in the Pacific Northwest and shipped fresh to us. The product is truly amazing- the trees are beautiful and the wreaths, swag, and garland are fresh and high quality. I was really impressed with the overall quality of the product last year. Way nicer than anything you can get from the tree lot or supermarket and, you are supporting the band at the same time! Be sure to tell your customers of the superb quality- it’s one of our main selling points!
All products are pre-sale. We will not have any product for sale on the pick-up date. Customers will purchase all products in advance and pick them up at Ramona on Saturday, December 7th.
We will also be offering the “Trees for Troops” program! Customers can purchase a Douglass Fir Christmas Tree to be delivered to a Southern California military base. This is great way to spread holiday cheer and support our troops AND your Trees for Troops purchase is 100% tax deductible!
We make 30-45% on each tree sold, and 15% on smaller items.
This is unheard of for most fundraisers where a product is sold!
Wind Ensemble / Jazz Students: All of the profit you raise can count toward your San Diego trip. I will send you a balance after the fundraiser is completed. Everything raised over the cost of the trip will go to the general band account.
Symphonic, 6th Grade Band, and Prep Band: All profit earned will go to the general band account. This allows us to buy new music, new instruments, and bring in special guests!
In order to be guaranteed all profit from the tree company, we need to sell at least 125 trees. Here are some extra incentives to go above and beyond our goal:
Class with the most trees sold: Pizza party!!!
Top Seller (total profits): Choice of Apple Airpods, Beats by Dre EP, or $100 cash!
2nd Place: $50 cash!
IF OUR TOTAL REACHES 200 TREES, ALL CLASSES WILL GET A PIZZA PARTY!!! SELL THOSE TREES!!!
Materials in your packet:
- 4 Sales flyers: One Color, three B&W (Use these flyers to show and promote product.)
All prices are INCLUDING tax!
- 1 master spreadsheet for all orders you receive (most important)
- 4 pick-up reminder sheets (one for each customer)
Please ask for more of any if you run out or need more throughout the fundraising time.
How to sell the trees:
- Make a list of potential customers (neighbors, friends, relatives, teachers, coaches, etc.).
- Call, email, text message, visit in person: all of the people on your list.
- Show them the sales flyer! Explain that it is a pre-sale Christmas tree fundraiser and all products will be available for pickup on Saturday, December 7th at Ramona Middle School from 7:30am – 11:00am.
- Tell them why we are raising money. To support the Ramona Middle School Band program, to buy new instruments, and/or to pay for your San Diego trip (WE only).
- Explain the high quality of the product (ex., “All of the trees, garland, wreaths, and swag are fresh cut in the Pacific Northwest and are the highest quality products you can buy.”).
- Tell them about the “Trees for Troops” program. For $68, they can buy a tree to be delivered to a military base in Southern California.
- If they commit to purchasing product, follow these steps to complete the sale:
- Fill out the master order form COMPLETELY
- Add up prices of all product ordered, and write total on order form on the right
- Have your customer pay with check or cash (checks payable to “LVBBA,” and please put cash in a separate envelope).
- Give your customer a “Product Pick-Up reminder” flyer so they remember when and where to pick up their product.
- After all orders are in, double check you have added all products to the correct line, and added things correctly on the “master spreadsheet.”
- Turn everything in (money, and master spreadsheet) to Mr. McDonald by Monday, November 4th.
HELP NEEDED: The trees will be delivered on Friday, December 6th. We will need LOTS of help with heavy lifting to unload the truck. We need as many able-bodied people as we can to help out that day, so please let me know if you are available! (Delivery will most likely be in the morning).
We will also need help on Thursday, November 7th counting the orders in all of the order packets. We will meet at 5:00pm in the Ramona Band room. Please come help if you can!
We will need help on Thursday, November 7th counting the orders in all of the order packets. We will meet at 5:00pm in the Ramona Library. Please come help if you can!
The trees will be delivered on Friday, December 6th. We will need LOTS of help with heavy lifting to unload the truck. We need as many able bodied people as we can to help out that day, so please let me know if you are available! (Delivery will most likely be in the morning between 10am and 12pm).
We will also need help on Saturday, December 7th for tree pickup. Jobs will include distributing trees and wreaths and cutting garland.
Frequently Asked Questions (from customers):
Q: Where do I pick up my tree/wreath/swag/garland?
A: All products can be picked up on Saturday, December 7th from 7:30am – 11:00am.
Q: Do I need anything to pick up my product?
A: No, this year as long as the master order sheet is filled out, you can come pick up your product
Q: What is my money going to support?
A: Your money is going to support the Ramona Middle School Band program. With more and more budget cuts to arts programs around the country, we must raise more and more of the money needed to provide students with instruments, music, and instruction. Also, the Ramona Middle School Band program is growing every year and new instruments are needed to provide all students who are interested with the opportunity to participate in music.
Wind Ensemble Students: Your money is going to help me pay for my Wind Ensemble trip to San Diego in April.
Q: These trees are expensive. Why?
A: Our prices are competitive with tree farms you find in the area. The trees are fresh cut from the Pacific Northwest and are of the highest quality.
(last year, they were also cheaper than Home Depot)
Q: Can I get a refund if I don’t like my tree?
A: No, all sales are final. No exchanges or refunds.
Q: Do I have to pick it up on December 7th?
A: Yes, please pick your tree up on the delivery date, December 7th from 7:30am – 11:00am.
Q: Can’t I just show up and buy a tree when they get here in December?
A: No, all of our products are pre-sale only, and must be reserved BEFORE November 1st!
Q: Do you sell tree stands?
A: No, we do not sell tree stands, just trees.
Q: Who do I make my check out to?
Frequently Asked Questions (from students selling trees):
Q: When do I have to turn in my orders?
A: Monday, November 4th.
Q: How much does everything cost?
A: All of the prices are on the price sheet and include sales tax.
Q: How many do I have to sell?
A: If everyone sells two trees we will make our goal!
Q: Should I sell to people I don’t know?
A: NO. Do not sell door to door. Stranger danger!!! Make a list of people you could potentially sell to and ask them.
Files from the packet you can print: