Login to Google Classroom and Complete the "Ramona Band Handbook" Assignment
All Ramona Band classes will use Google Classroom for various assignments this year. Many other teachers at Ramona use Google Classroom so it will be very helpful for you to login and see what Google Classroom is all about. Here are instructions for logging in and completing your first Google Classroom assignment:
- Go to classroom.google.com
- Click "Sign In"
- Sign in through your BUSD school login, and you will automatically be signed up for the class
- Click on the Ramona Band Handbook assignment when you are with a parent or guardian.
- Click on the link to the Google Form, and complete the form. (there are several pages, so don't stop after the first one)
- When you are done, submit the form, and mark that you completed it in Google Classroom.
Get Your Instrument and Accessories
Every student is required to bring the following items to class EVERY DAY.
- Working Pencil
- 3-Ring Binder with plastic, see-thru pages
- Your classroom book (written below)
- Your instrument in working condition
- If you own or rent your instrument, make sure you know where it is, and make sure it is in good playing condition to start the school year!
- If it needs repairs, take it to a local music store immediately so it is working as soon as possible
- If you are borrowing an instrument from the school, I will check it out to you during the first week
- Make sure you have the appropriate accessories:
- Flute: cleaning rod and soft cleaning cloth
- Clarinet: REEDS (I recommend Rico size 2.5 or 3), cleaning swab
- Saxophone: REEDS (I recommend Rico size 3), cleaning swab, end cap
- Trumpet: VALVE OIL
- Trombone: Slide cream, small spray bottle for water to spray your slide
- Baritone/Tuba: Valve oil
- Percussion: Drumsticks (I recommend Vic Firth 5A). Make sure you get WOOD TIP sticks (not plastic/nylon).
Prep Band Students: If you know what instrument you would like to play, I strongly suggest renting one from a local music store (Music and Arts, Gard's Music, San Dimas Music). I do have instruments that you can borrow from the school for the year on a first come, first served basis, but the rental instruments you can get from the music stores are better quality.
If you are not sure what instrument you would like to play yet, I will help you during the first week of school
Get Your Music Book
- Symphonic Band: Essential Elements for Band Book 1 AND 2
- 6th Grade Band: Essential Elements for Band Book 1 AND 2
- Wind Ensemble: Foundations For Superior Performance (Warm-Ups and Technique For Band)
- Prep Band: Essential Elements for Band Book 1 (wait until are assigned an instrument)
Make a donation (optional)
The Ramona Band Program depends on donations from families and businesses to maintain high quality instruction and provide extra curricular band experiences. All of your donation goes directly to help purchase and repair instruments, hire instrument coaches, purchase educational technology, help fund field trips, and much more. Your donations are 100% tax deductible!
Thank you for your participation in the Ramona Band Program this year!